Thursday September 22nd the kids and I drove and met Jamey in Houston. He left us on Tuesday for work down there and we tagged along for a weekend trip.
Road trip snacks
When we arrived we met up with Jamey at Torchy's Tacos.. mmmmm! Our new favorite jam.
We spent the night in a hotel and got up on Friday the 23rd to explore Houston.
Even for weekend getaways we have to take so much stuff!
We went to a beautiful park in Houston. I can't believe it but it is actually hotter and more humid than Dallas. The sky was so gorgeous the whole day!
Then it down poured on us! We all got soaked!
Friday night we stayed with my cousin Heather just North of Houston. I didn't even know how many cousins I had in Texas.. HA! It's been really fun reconnecting with everyone.
Saturday morning the 24th we were making our way down to the beach and stopped at NASA. We didn't feel like it was our time to go inside with all these Little's so we just looked around outside but we will return and go inside one day!
We made it to the beach! We got lunch at McDonald's before we went out, we ate it in the car and it's so nasty, I know, but we were just laughing and having the best time looking out to the ocean. Life was just so good right then and there.
It was pretty windy, us girls were deciding if we wanted to go out.
Scarlett decided to start walking the day before we left for Houston!
Wednesday September 21st
15 and 1/2 half months old! She is for sure my slowest walker yet but I am so proud of her and she is pretty happy about it.
She loved the water.
This beach though... the dirtiest we have EVER been too! Everyone warned us about it but really the sand was like mud! Our kids didn't care at all of course and at least the water was warm.
We have gotten closer this last month and a half then ever before! I LOVE this family and am so grateful for them!
We watched as this storm moved in and even saw a Tornado out in the ocean.
It was pretty crazy, we had to leave the beach as soon as there was lightening.
My cousin lives right by the Houston Temple so we saw it on our way out of town. We started our drive home around 6:00 PM and watched a huge thunderstorm the whole way home while the kids slept in the back. It was so exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment