Thursday, April 18, 2013

Front Room Project

January hit and it was cold, depressing, and dark.. I really didn't think I was going to make it through this winter. We have lived in our apartment for almost 3 years now and I needed some serious change. That was going to be a bit of a problem cause we are on a very tight budget. So, I was going to sell some things and and my goal was to MAKE money while updating my room. Luckily I succeeded!
Before Pictures=Dark





Sold these pillows for $25.00

New Pillows for $36.00

Old Lamp Shades $20.00



New Shades $36.00

Old Bookcase $60.00

New Bookcase $20.00 
White Paint: Free (Thank you Mom)

Sold this old Lamp $20.00

Sold some Books $10.00

Sold Decor $14.00

AFTER PICTURES=LIGHT





Sold my old Rug for $100.00 
New Rug $55.00

Threw a slip cover over my Ottoman: Free (Mom's old table cloth)
Ribbon: Free

Painted my Clock: Free

With all the things I sold I made $249.00. The money I put out for new things was $161.50, that includes some supplies like spray paint for frames and random things. I updated my room while making  $87.50.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love it!! It looks so cheery and bright. And way to go making money while doing it! That's so smart!

Allie Walker said...

Stop it. Who makes money while decorating their house?! You're amazing. It truly is night and day difference. I love love love it!

Unknown said...

holy cannolies that looks so bright and fresh! I want to come see, you are so talented!