Friday, September 1, 2017

UTAH Staycation

Friday July 7th 2017
We made the journey for our summer vacation from Texas to Utah! We left at 4:10 AM and drove straight through... The kids did AMAZING! Honestly, I was prepared for some serious meltdowns and they did the drive like champs. We were so proud of them.  Jamey and I left a day earlier than we originally told everyone we were going to go. So at 9:45 PM when we arrived at my parents house, they were REALLY shocked to see Wellington and Andrew at the door. It was so fun to show up and surprise!
Normally the Slater's take a big family trip but this year with 2 new babies nothing really got planned and so we did a staycation with everyone and it was such a blast. Jamey and I were thrilled to just be back home in Utah. We had PACKED, fun-filled days doing new and old favorites.
Texas and their flag, it's honestly all over the state and I love the pride it brings to everyone!
We only made 3 stops the entire 19 hour drive, breakfast, lunch, and dinner- this was our first one and we got to see this cute horse!

Making it into Moab was a serious sight for sore eyes! We love these red rocks and mountains!
MOUNTAINS!

7:30 PM all the turkeys out cold for the rest of the drive!
Saturday July 8th
Let the party at Grandma's begin! My parents just recently put their tramp in the ground and it's so great to be able to just walk right on it.
Down to our favorite place, City Creek for lunch!
Greg and Spence-Man!


Melanie and I


We ate dinner at my parents house that night and just hung out!
Then went to Nielsen's Frozen Custard, the first of MANY trips! We miss it so much in Texas!
Sunday July 9th
Church
Lennon and Scarlett were matching!

 Cutest little Goldie Mae

 We had a delicious Sunday dinner at my parents house with my whole family!
Spencer and Peach

Scarlett just wanted to hold all the babies!
 It's been a long time since all of my siblings have been together. We had to document!
 Monday July 10th
We had a low key day hanging at home. All the kids went over to my parents neighbors house, Holly, and helped her garden. Her garden is UNBELIEVABLE, she is a master.

 Such a fun swing


 That night we grabbed Cafe Rio and headed up Millcreek canyon to eat and make S'mores.
This is the thing that I miss most in Texas, somewhere to escape out of the heat and into God's GORGEOUS creations! MOUNTAINS are so magnificent.

 Don't mind my ratty bandaid... Woof! But this kit kat s'more was delicious

 All she wanted was the chocolate, she is definitely my daughter.


Wellington going under the freezing water

 Andrew went under as well!

 Steve and Bryce

Tuesday July 11th
 I taught a High Class at my in-laws Bikram Yoga Studio, it started out great and then became SO HOT! I mean really, the mirrors were fogged over and the ground was slippery and wet. It was crazy hot! We all made it and sweat like never before, such a fun crowd.


Love when Jamey gets to join my class!
7/11 of course!
Swimming at Cottonwood Heights





Wellington's birthmark


They shared a bed the whole time we were in Utah and their positions were AMAZING... HA!
Wednesday July 12th 
We started with a great hike up to Rocky Mouth Falls bright and early! It was short and sweet the best kind for these Little's.





 Carrying up Peachy was no easy task...
 but she kept me going by rubbing my shoulders down! She is such a little lover!

 Wednesday afternoon we went up to Park City to do some shopping then we went to our favorite park up their and had pizza. The weather was so wonderful and that fresh mountain air.. not to mention all of Melanie's divine desserts.

 My go-to's



Thursday July 13th
Despite the 100 degree weather we made it to 'This Is The Place' for the first time. It was a hot one but goodness did the kids have SO MUCH FUN! Such a good memory they will have forever.


Panning for gold


Always trying to match with her.



Everywhere you look.... the VIEWS!





Mother Hen






The highlight of day was riding the ponies.






The pretty rocks the kids collected.
Lauren and Peachy

Friday July 14th
Started my morning out right with these girls getting HIGH!
Then we headed up to Midway to visit some friends and have lunch, sadly I didn't get one picture.
 Friday night we went to the Munns house for homemade pizza night!! They make the best pizza..
Peachy just chillin' out
 She can't get enough of Goldie, or babies in general!




 Nick built this table last year and it's a dream, their backyard has the most amazing views.









 Saturday July 15th
Andrew and I started our Saturday off right going to yard sales with my Dad.

 We headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon to do a hike. The weather was perfect, and we felt like we were in the Swiss alps, but really it was so beautiful!



 Little Wellington in these giant mountains.



 -Wildflowers EVERYWHERE-


This was the highlight of the hike, a giant snow mountain that they played on for an hour.











Slater Date Night 

Sunday July 16th
Church


At church I matched all the Rappleye girls, it was so fun to sit with them and see them again! Wellington was in heaven to have his Vienna back!


We got to snuggle Goldie Mae
My cute parents and the best hosts!

That night we went up Millcreek Canyon to eat dinner with all the Airhart's



Monday July 17th
High with my besties!
Melanie and I went up to Farmington to the new outdoor mall and did some shopping and had lunch. It was a blast, the kids loved the playground.
Monday night we got to play with the WALKER'S!! We ate dinner downtown and walked around Temple Square, it was a sight for sore eyes! I love the SLC Temple!




Scarlett and Bo




My Eternal Family



Seriously the cutest pregnant girl EVER!
The sunset that night was unreal! Made everything so magical!
Utah State Capitol
LDS Conference Center
Tuesday July 18th 
Such a chill day.. we have been going non-stop for a full week or so and today we hung out at home all day. We have Sara and my friend Marta over to visit and it was fun to catch up with them. We love baby Spencer, all the kids fight over who gets to hold him.


That night we went on a date with the Wright's up to Park City. We miss them so much, it was so fun to catch up with them! She is also the cutest pregnant woman EVER!




  Probably my favorite city ever,  I dream of Park City all the time when I am in Texas. I love how it is nestled in the beautiful mountains and is so charming and has so much character!
Wednesday July 19th
We sent these turkey's to Grandma Beck's house to play for the day while Jamey and I went on a day date.

 Scarlett's curled pony was so pretty

 We went to Provo and had a quick lunch and then went up to Sundance to do the ZIP LINE! Oh my goodness, we had no idea how fun this was going to be, the best thing we did all summer, for sure! 




 Mount Timp





 Seriously we cruised through the air going so fast. Flying by trees! It was an amazing feeling, this is the 3rd best zip line in the nation.. it was quite the experience.
 Drove the Alpine Loop home


 I didn't think I would miss trees when I moved to Texas but I miss these trees [Quaking Aspens] and pine trees so much! It was so fabulous to drive past all of them, they remind me of going to our families cabin growing up!
 Thursday July 20th
HIGH CLASS!!
 Gateway Children's Museum with a few of the Airhart's





 Dinner at my parent's with this pretty view!





 Our second home
Friday July 21st
We went to Mel's house and had lunch, we helped her hang some pictures and just got to hang out. It was really great! On our way home we stopped at my parents furniture store to see the "witches" My cute Mom hid witches [spooky things] all over the store just to scare the grand kids, they LOVED it!



 Friday night we got to go to Stephanie Marsh's wedding reception. It was so fun to see our besties! So sad that we weren't able to spend that much time with them this trip.. with wedding plans on her side and lots of family events on mine it was slim to none. Next time!
Saturday July 22nd
BOATING!!
We planned on going up to the lake every other night but when we arrived the Airhart's boat was broken.. it was truly sad, but they fixed it and we got to go up to Jordanelle on one of the last days we were there. It was so beautiful, the mountain lakes are a dream! We didn't want to leave!



 Joslyn


 Wells, Devin, Myla, and Vienna
 Gwen and Jordan
 Beck and Watson





 Andrew
 Wells and Andrew


  Sunday July 23rd
We went to the 5th ward for church [our first ward we ever lived in] It was our bishops sons farewell! It was so great to see all our friends there and hear his talk.
 Finding bugs

 My parents flowers!!
Night stroll around the neighborhood 


Monday July 24th
We dropped Wellington off at cousin camp at 11:00 AM. He was so excited he couldn't even wait! He had the whole schedule memorized!


 The kids and I went down to Trolley Square, I haven't been down there in years. It was fun to walk around and go into the shops.


 Monday afternoon we headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon to hike to Donut Falls and eat dinner at my brother's house. Not only is it the 24th of July, [a Utah Holiday] it's my brother Steve's 40th BIRTHDAY!! We had a party for him and enjoyed being in his backyard!
  Andrew, the mountain goat, he seriously RAN up the entire trail, he would not slow down for anyone!


 Fun fact about my brother Steve- When he was 9 year old he started talking about how he wanted to live in the mountains. He has fulfilled his dream ever since he graduated High School and got married! He is so good at it, and every time I am at his house, I wish I lived his life, Simple!

 My cute Dad




 Steve, Forest, Bryce, and I hiked all the way up to the actual donut.

 Feeding the pot guts
 Both of my favorite trees!



 

  Love finding these selfies on my phone!
 

 
 

 Classic Greg selfie


 So mesmerized with Rowan cutting logs



Hammock laying while Andrew does his business..

 Some pictures of cousin camp
THANK YOU Beck and Greg




 Tuesday July 25th 
Our last day in Utah! So sad, I honestly was so worried about it being to long of a trip but it came and went so fast and I LOVED every minute of it. 
-We spent 11 out of the 18 days we were there in the mountains!!!
-I miss not having bugs attack me every time I step outside
-I miss the summer nights cooling down
-I miss my FAMILY!  
Utah is gorgeous and it was so fun to go home for a few weeks!
 Saying goodbye to my parents was hard, but this picture made me laugh, Jamey having to get down on her level to get a proper hug in!
Love you Mom and Dad, Thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!!


No comments: