Friday September 1st, 2017
LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Seriously how is it September already? Every month goes by like the blink of an eye!
We decided to get out of town for Labor Day, we haven't been to San Antonio yet so it was at the top of our list for a weekend getaway. Friday we drove to Austin to stay one night there, Jamey drove in the morning and did lots of visits with clients, then the kids and I drove down and met him for dinner. This was our hotel, it was so fun to stay at and it was right on the river with beautiful views.
Hotel living
Completely obsessed with this city
Saturday September 2nd
We decided to walk along the river to get breakfast. It was so beautiful out!!
We went to a food truck and while we were waiting all the sudden we heard a crazy loud noise, a train came through and it was so fun to watch.
Bats are every where in Austin because of their huge bat colony, my kids love it!
Twin Falls hike
The hike lead us to an awesome water hole that we weren't prepared for so all the boys stripped down and headed in, we stayed for hours, it was a blast!
We drove to San Antonio after the swimming hole and found our next hotel, then we found dinner! Yum!
After dinner, we headed to the pool to play. I forgot all the kids puddle jumpers which I was so mad about, but it turned out to be so great. By the end of the trip Andrew was swimming by himself so well!
Sunday September 3rd
We woke up and went to church then drove up to the San Antonio Temple. Look at that hill, I was dying at all the giant hills around the Temple area. So beautiful and so wonderful to see, the neighborhoods were a dream as well.
Too bad the temple grounds were closed, but we still enjoyed walking around the outside.
Too bad the temple grounds were closed, but we still enjoyed walking around the outside.
Then we headed to our third and final hotel for the last night, it was in the city and right on the Riverwalk. I didn't want to leave it was so nice!
Our view out our balcony.
Heading out to see the sights, starting with the riverwalk.
I danced on this stage when I was 13 years old with a performing group called Clayton Productions. So fun to see it again and to be with my family exploring!
Wellington the photographer
The Alamo
My children.. so classic!
Mexican for dinner
These handsome boys are my favorite!
Monday September 4th
Labor Day
Taking a run on the riverwalk was such a dream. Jamey and I both took turns then we went straight to breakfast "as is" jammies and all!
Straight to the pool!!
All the furniture was so beautiful inside the hotel
Such a fun weekend away as our little family!
No comments:
Post a Comment