Monday, October 9, 2017

September Randoms

September 2017
September was a really great month for us.
 I started off with doing a #fallbackintoshape fitness challenge and it was awesome! I picked 2 goals to focus on for the month of September: 
1: No eating after 7:00 pm
2: Meal Planning/ Budgeting
I loved doing this challenge, I had to pick a partner and we had to check in with each other, I should always have to report to someone.. I actually stuck with my goals! Meal planning has CHANGED MY LIFE! Honestly, it makes life so much easier to know what I am having for dinner in advance.
This grilled lime salmon with avocado-mango salsa and coconut rice was seriously AMAZING!

This book just changed my life. Raising kids is not for the weak, it's hard but fueling up their love tanks makes so much sense to me. Also, Overdrive is the library's free app and I have been listening to audio books. It's fantastic!
Paying a ticket with this cheeser! She is so different than my boys, she just sits by me and hangs out... my boys would be running around like crazy.
We are finally getting to play outside again.. summer was the worst!! But being outside brings on all the scrapes and bruises.
Sunday September 10th
Homemade Cafe Rio for the neighbors! It took 45 minutes to pull this pork apart but well worth it!
The kids eating outside and having so much fun!

Monday September 11th- FHE
The best summer dessert!
PEACHES AND ICE CREAM



How lucky am I?

Homemade Raspberry Jam
Garage sale score- Brand new play-doh

In Texas, High School's have homecoming parades.. handing out more candy than Halloween!
Summer is rough on Jamey.. It's just too hot for him to cope/wear clothes!

We finally got a new roof, we didn't think we had a lot of damage from the Tornado we had in the spring but lately we have had some serious leaking when it rains. 
Wellington finally spending his cheetah bucks, he has worked really hard to earn all of these!



Jamey taking out some of our bushes.. two hours later he got the job done.

We had dinner at our friends house, Avery and Scarlett loved the pumpkin dessert. 
Scarlett had an accident so we had to strip her down.


My little Texas boy 
Buddy the elf trying to fit in the swing
Jamey really couldn't figure out her romper.. he put it on sideways and that cheek was hanging out the rest of the night. We couldn't get enough!

 September 29th
We finally went to the REAL FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS for date night! It was everything we hoped for and more, the stadium was so large!
We had dinner at Sushi Sam's in Southlake then we went to the game.
Southlake vs. Flower Mound

 The half-time show was bigger than the game! Full marching band, dancers, props, flags, the whole shebang. Each team had 13 minutes on the clock for their half time show.

Texas and their pride- it is serious around these parts, that flag is waved everywhere!
Clearly we felt like we were back in high school for the night! HA!

No comments: