Wednesday November 16th was THE DAY!!!
GOING HOME for the first time since we moved out of state. I have experienced home sickness to the fullest and on our way to the airport I was literally crying I was so excited that I was finally going HOME! Yes, I was CRYING! I was so giddy I couldn't even contain myself.
Everyone was packed up and ready for the plane ride.
There is Salt Lake City!! HOME!
The climate change was crazy! And it started to snow the night we got it. It was a winter wonderland and so beautiful!
Thursday November 17th
Oh the cool crisp air and snow everywhere was such a dream!
I think the thing I miss most about the mountains is that no matter where you are in the valley, if you look in your rear view mirror you can always see the mountains.
Lunch and play time at Mel's
Classic Greg selfie, Greg and Sara came over for dinner Thursday night and it was so great to see them.
Friday November 18th I headed to the Beck's house to learn how to make the famous Grandma Ber caramel.
This is no joke, 45 minutes of straight stirring!
Scarlett loving on baby Brinton
Perfection!
Point of Reference... these mountains are so gorgeous and so HUGE!
Friday night we went to Dan and Sami's house for dinner and it was so great to catch up! We miss them like crazy!
Saturday November 19th we got elite tickets from Uncle Jason to the last Ute home game. Our company was pretty amazing as well! We got a whole turkey dinner for lunch.
One of Jamey's many talents is fluffing a Christmas tree that has been in storage for a year. He is seriously so good at it.
Sunday November 20th
Nap Time
We ate dinner at the Airhart's
I got my pretzel sandwich's all made... Yummy!
The LeSueur's arrived
Monday November 21st
Cute Bennett is honestly obsessed with Scar.. he takes her under his wing to the fullest.
We made it out of the house to Great Harvest and Jamey's work. We all love a free treat and drink.
Monday night we went on a date night to Market Street with all the Slater's. Gosh I love this hubby of mine so much!
Steve and Mar
Sara and Greg
Nick, Mel, and blurry waiter
The very best Haagen-Dazs ice cream
Tuesday November 22nd
We had a baby shower for Sara at Mel's house. It was a total blast celebrating baby Spencer.
I love this lady so much and her cute belly!
Slater cousins
Wednesday November 23rd was full-on turkey day food prep. Making pies and anything else that we could for Thanksgiving. Mar was just testing everything
Banana Cream
Jamey holding 3 babies
We left that afternoon to Deer Valley to go to the cabin.
Mt. Olympus and Olympus High School
Let the party BEGIN!
Let the pie pig-out begin. I made white bean chili for dinner for everyone then we ate PIE!
The spread
In the Slater family we are all about the desserts!
It snowed and it was so beautiful!
Thursday November 24th
THANKSGIVING!
Some how I got in charge of getting the bird prepped.. NASTY!
I found all these turkeys watching TV in one of the bathrooms.
Our yummy traditional Cranberry dip
Just a morning DIP
Right before dinner we all stepped outside for a family picture because we were all together! This doesn't happen every day.
So thankful for these peeps of mine! I love them so much
Dad Cutting into the bird
Greg on mashed potatoes..
Yummiest sweet potatoes
I was taking a picture of us during the prayer.
After the feast we played a great game of BINGO!
Friday November 25th
Just chilling at the Cabin ALL DAY! Relaxing to the fullest.
Saturday November 26th
We laid low all morning watching Home Alone, I snuggled with my boys eating peanut M&M's.
This fire was on 24/7
Sunday December 27th
We left the cabin in the morning and went to church at the Airhart's ward. Greg is currently the Bishop and the kids had the best time getting candy from his office after Sacrament metting.
Monday November 28th
I got all our Christmas cards addressed and ready to send out, I worked on them the whole time at the cabin. Updating an address book is serious business and I haven't done it since Jamey and I got married.. 7 years.
Monday night we went downtown with a few Airhart's to the Grand America Hotel and looked at all their amazing displays.
We ate at City Creek, and the kids were in heaven. They love the Dino's!
This is as close to the temple lights as we could get, it was seriously FREEZING outside.
Tuesday November 29th
We went to Melanie's house to play.
A little photo shoot of PEACHY with this flower, oh how we LOVE her!
Mel's book shelf is stunning.
That night we did the Flowrider with some High School friends and it was SO FUN!
Too many good laughs.
Wednesday November 30th
Jamey's uncle Barney died while we were in Utah, on Thanksgiving day actually and we were lucky enough to be able to attend his funeral. It was so uplifting and made us want to be better people. What an amazing man. It was a gorgeous day as well.
That night we went to dinner at the DoDo with my parents as one last hoorah!
Back home to TEXAS, sad to say bye but ready to get back to normal lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment