Wednesday December 25th CHRISTMAS DAY! What a wonderful Christmas. I will forever look back on this day as one of the BEST days of my life. We woke up and had to wake Wells up to go over to my parents house to open presents. We had a ball with my whole family taking turns opening gifts. Wells pretty much looked like a deer in the headlights the whole time. Bennett opened his first gift which was a skateboard, they both couldn't get enough.
Luckily for Wells he got one too!
Happy as can be
Cute boys
Family inside joke with that smile of Steve's
My Mom's BIRTHDAY! She got an IPad
We left my parents house at 2:30 to go home and re-group/shower with plans to go back for dinner. First day in a long time that I didn't have contractions which was so nice. But, I got home and started to bleed which was not normal. Not just spotting but actually bleeding. I quickly called my midwife and she said to get the the hospital as soon as possible. Of course we had our bags packed and our house clean for weeks cause I was told that it would be any minute.. but now I had unpacked everything and dishes were piled up cause we were always running to family events. Ha, so ironic! So we quickly packed up again and dropped Wellington off at my parents house. I still wasn't having any contractions so I didn't know what to think, just mostly scared because I was bleeding. We parked at the hospital and started up the elevator, Jamey and I both just looked at each other saying are we going to really have this baby on Christmas day?
So they checked me in and had me put on a gown and as I sat down on the bed my water broke. I knew it was game time, they checked me and I was dilated to a 5. They did a test to make sure that it was my water and 20 minutes they checked me again and I was at a 6. My midwife told me to plan on my labor being cut in half with this baby so I was planning on around 3 hours since it was 6 with Wellington. The nurses were not messing around they started to frantically get everything out and ready. Meanwhile I got into the bath to try and relax while the contractions were happening.
This is the time that I got into my gown and my water broke.
So swollen, obviously so ready for the babe to come.
I sat in the tub for around 45 minutes to an hour. My contractions were super intense but not consistent so I was wondering, am I really in labor? Jamey and I were just chatting about names cause we still hadn't settled on one and laughing about really stupid things while I was in the tub. Then my midwife came in to check me and I was at a NINE... I really couldn't believe it cause I wasn't in as much pain as I was when I was contracting with Wells. She hurried me out and got me to my bed and told me that this baby was coming any minute. I laid down on the bed and had way more contractions for the next ten minutes then I was ready to push.. Oh boy now I was in some serious pain. I couldn't figure out how to push downward it was all in my upper body and shoulders if that even makes sense, my midwife told me that we were loosing his heart beat and that I really needed to focus. The nurses then gave me oxygen and fluid in my IV and it threw me into gear and I started hard to think about him coming out. I was literally using ALL my energy to push so when I didn't contract I would close my eyes and just breathe. During a break of contractions I actually fell asleep for a couple seconds just focusing on saving my energy. I woke up to see Jamey right in my face with a panicked look. We didn't talk about it then but after I said, "You thought that I died huh?" and he replied, "Yes I really did." Anyways, I pushed Andrew out in less than 10 minutes. It was so fast and I was so happy even though it hurt so bad. Now I understand what they mean when they talk about the ring of fire. It was such an amazing experience though. I love giving birth it's an exciting time when a baby is handed to you from Heavenly Father. I feel so blessed to have a body that does it so well.
Andrew Slater Airhart arrived at 6:25 pm on Christmas night, weighing in at 9 lbs and 8 oz 21 inches long. When they told me that he weighed 9 and a half pounds I almost fell off the bed, I really couldn't believe it.
All our children so far have such funny ears.
Obsessed with our little Christmas HAM
Jamey sat on this chair while I was getting cleaned up and sang to him,"I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing in On Christmas Day on Christmas Day" I won't ever forget that memory.
The wonderful fan
We had Jamey's parents, Grandma Ber, My parents, and Mar come and see us that night then we got to give him a bath.
It was so peaceful in the hospital that night cause there were probably only two other patients there since it was Christmas. Jamey got to give him a bath.
Jamey stance was amazing
Newborn smell
His beautiful Hair
That night we sent him to the nursery and our nurse told us in the morning that they put him next to a 5 pound baby and it looked like he was going to reach over and eat him cause he is just HUGE. Hilarious! Then next day we had Jessica and Josie come and visit.
And Rylee
We also had lots of my family come over. Wells got to come and meet Andrew for the first time. We are officially a family of FOUR!
Andrew compared to Lennon
Sweet angel
Jamey putting down Nielsen's
All the kiddos
Thanks everyone who came to visit!
Mel and Nick came later that night.
Friday December 27th we got to go home. Side Note - Andrew is wearing a cute little sling on his left arm because his clavicle was broken coming out.
Airhart carpet hair!
Of course he clawed his face right when we were putting him in his cute outfit to go home that barley fit him.
Phone pictures:
Skin on Skin
The morning after we had him they brought him in at six and Jamey popped right up and made his bed. I told him to sleep a little longer and relax, but he said he was good to go. After I fed Andrew I passed him to Jamey and 2 minutes later I look over at him to see this.


























.jpg)






4 comments:
I love all the pics. You look like a rock star snuggling after birth! Nice! I laughed so hard at the sniffer pic. Of course. What a beautiful and delicious Christmas Ham
I am just in tears right now! Jamey singing to him just melts my heart!! Such an amazing Christmas Memory. Oh how I love Andrew so much!!! And seriously Michelle who looks that amazing after giving birth..NATURALLY. You are my hero
I feel like i need to call you now after seeing all these pictures and re congratulate you guys on the babe.haha. He is so freaking cute! Love that you had him on Christmas-so so exciting! Its safe to say that your chirstmas's just got even crazier-two birthdays and a holiday!! In sane! I loved reading about your birth story and how many pictures you have this time. Seriously his arm in that sling-as asad as it is-it is so cute! Jamey is such a cute dreamy dad!
Oh miss Michelle! You are **AMAZING** (stars are to note that word being sung). I loved reading your last 2 posts. I can hear you telling the stories! Big hug to you and Jamey, such a beautiful family. It really is nice to read that everything is going well :)))
Post a Comment