Saturday, December 17, 2011

Siena

Day 5 November 12, 2011 Siena
We were so excited to vespa through the vineyards.. We saw an ad for it back in September and have been dreaming of it ever since. So we woke up and found ourselves a scooter.



Siena's Duomo from a far



We found this great castle and they rent out little apartments. We talked with the owner and she said that she also owns a villa up the road and she rents single rooms and that we should check it out.









Here is the villa and you bet that we checked ourselves in for the night.



These trees are so great!

Playing in the vineyard.

Love the fall colors



Showing off his vespa tricks

As we cruised through the hillsides, around every corner would be a little village or villa and their own little vineyard, DREAMY!

We decided to change up our pose for the pic...









Thirsty little fella? Pigeons were crawling on everything











Torture Museum...yummy



The Duomo



Loved the white marble with the green stripes


5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Keep the pictures and story time coming!!! I am so jealous of your trip! Particularly Florence and Tuscany. I have ALWAYS wanted to visit the vineyards and see the beauty of it all!
When Joe and I were looking for volunteer opportunities, there was a 1-month thing where you live in this lady's villa and help with her organic garden. Seriously the description had me wanting to do it sooo bad. But somehow, China won out... kinda a bummer.
Can't wait to read more of your adventures!

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

Amazing pictures. I am just in love with all if your posts!

Matt and Brooke said...

Wow! talk about dreamy! your whole trip looks so dreamy! I love all the pics!

The Airharts said...

Dreeeeee-me!

josanddev said...

i feel like I'm able to participate in your dreams with each of these posts. I think this is what we all wish that one day we'll do, but most of us don't actually do it. so awesome you guys planned this and did it.