Day 3 November 10, 2011 Lucca and Florence.
We woke up in Lucca to breakfast in bed, that was amazing!
We walked around and did some shopping. We were obsessed with this little city, we felt so safe and everyone was so nice.
We decided to see what this wall was all about and get on top of it.
The outside of Lucca, oh how I'm so obsessed with the buildings and houses.
On top of the wall they have trees lining the sides and a nice walkway down the middle. It was DREAMY!
A great old church

Just check out the detail.. every pillar is different!
A nun!! We were looking for them every where and we finally saw one, she was running away pretty fast though.

This is the outside of the wall, no enemies getting in this city!

There is a little river that runs along the wall and there are so many fish in it.
FLORENCE!! or Firenze in Italian.
Uffizi Gallery in Florence, so amazing
Two lovers
This is the only bridge in Florence that still stands from the dark ages. All the rest have been re-done but this one is holding strong! No cars allowed, it's lined with shops and cafe's.
Oh I loved all the paintings of bible stories...this is depicting the story of when Abraham was commanded to sacrifice his only son Isaac, but as we know the angel stopped him at the last minute. What amazing Faith Abraham had.
I love these collars.
On top of the Gallery

Hence the statue in the back ground

My giddy husband...
That night we had a hard time finding our B&B, by the time we found somewhere to sleep we were so hungry so... Pizzeria here we come! Jamey had to snag a picture of the chef and the wood burning oven.
You ask for water and they always bring you a great glass bottle.

Oh all I wanted was cheesecake! Yum

After dinner we walked along the river it was such a pretty night.
YIKES!
I need this car!

9 comments:
i'm lovin all these pictures! it looks dreamy! next trip- we are going with you!
oh nuts I forgot to tell you to try the swordfish. It's amazing!!! for real! loving the pics, jake
I love your outfit!! Very stylin. You guys look like you had soo much fun! I am glad you finally got to the good stuff! This is Margaret by the by....
I am in love with your Italy posts! Your camera is hamming it up, Awesome! Your red top with the horses looks stunning on you, um, I need it. Your hair looks like a model, I love the color. I pretty much just want to jump on a train and head straight there. So much HISTORY! What an amazing adventure for you guys!
Jump on a Plane! (I wish it was just a train ride away)
I want to post a comment but there is just so much to write about...maybe you should call me and we can chat about every amazing picture!
Love these pictures! This will be so great for the yearly Anni book. I want to go to ITALY now!!!
I love this post. These were two of my favorites when we went. So much beauty, it's hard to take it all in. I did get a parking ticket in Florence and it resulted in a letter form the Italian consulate in San Francisco that I ignored which is why I can never go back there!
that is so dreamy. i love how daring you were to stand on the edge of the city wall. i forgot about how the water comes when you order it. you guys look so happy on your 2nd honey moon!
Post a Comment