Saturday, May 7, 2016

The 20 Hour Table

I have been DYING to get a new dining set for months now but haven't found anything that I love or that is affordable. So, I finally found this awesome table that is the perfect size for us right now at a garage sale for $10.00! I thought in my mind, easy breezy, I will turn this former craft table into our dining set in a few days. So I began to sand it all down.
 It was covered in paint
 Long story short- Not easy breezy, after I sanded it all down for HOURS I stained it with a classic gray.. It went on and was pretty much dark charcoal and I was looking for something really light with the natural wood coming through.. I HATED it, so I re-sanded it. I cried because it took me so long the first time and now I had to do it again. I did my research this time and found the perfect natural/gray color that I was going for.
-My inspiration-

 It was a joke finding this stain. I went to and called so many stores, finally found it out on the west side.
 Before I stained it


 We went to IKEA to get some chairs and a bench
 We really put IKEA to the test and fed Scarlett in their show room.

 The finished product in our home, I love how it turned out but I don't know if it was worth the time and energy. Maybe next time I will just fork out the cash and use my time on something else. HA! I love that I think things will be so much easier in my mind.. 


No comments: