Monday July 7th we loaded up these RV's and started our journey to Canada with the Slater family. Be warned now that there are so many pictures.. did this whole trip in one post and it is a lot. We got the RV's around noon and loaded them up with gas and then loaded them up with all our junk.. it was 100 degrees outside and truly not pleasant. We were all sweating our ears off trying to get our whole house packed into them in a timely manner so we could leave. It was so bloody hot!!
We landed just outside of Rexburg, ID at my brother-in-laws parents house. Nick who is married to my sister Melanie grew up in such a dreamy location. We had a fun weenie roast in their back yard and then enjoyed some awesome fireworks! The night was a blast and fun to stop there for our first night.
So just a little beyond their property is the Snake River. Pretty much in their back yard, seriously such a gorgeous night! The men went down to fish for a little at dusk!
Nick and Jamey
Greg and Steve
The RV's oh boy we look awesome on the road together.
My cute dad
Tuesday July 8th we started our journey to Waterton Lakes, CANADA! This was Drew pretty much the whole drive. Just a little angel.
It was a super long day of driving but we made it! Just pass the border.
Three RV's, So Jamey and our family shared with my parents. Then Marianne and her family had their own and so did my sister Melanie and her family.
Wells was not happy.
The LeSueur's
If you can see the little black dot right in the middle, that is a BLACK BEAR!! We saw it driving into Waterton. Then Jamey had to take the RV to try and get a better look. HA!
Every view is breathtaking!
Wednesday July 9th we enjoyed the whole day in Waterton Lakes. This little Tee pee was so cute right on the rocky beach.
We all needed some serious fresh air after being cooped up on the drive yesterday. Sitting by this gorgeous, perfectly clear water did wonders to our souls.
Cute Kater
The whole crew hanging out, minus lots of kids. I love all of these people so much!
We did some sight seeing.
Cameron Falls with Mel
This waterfall goes straight into the lake. Seriously the water is crystal clear!
We hiked above the falls, the view was beautiful.
I love this man of mine!
We walked into town for lunch and the kids loved this bug
After lunch we headed back down to the lake for the boys to take a nice icy dip.
Best picture and face. The water was so cold, Jamey and Nick went in a few times but Steve went in 12 times. He couldn't get enough, guess all that Arizona heat has gotten to him.
Wells loved his life
Then my dad came down for a dip, we loved watching this pure entertainment.
Thursday July 10th we left Glacier National Park to go meet up with everyone for the big Smith family reunion. But first we had to visit the Hotel my Mom worked at every summer starting at the age of 15. Can you imagine spending your summers here?? So jealous. The hotel sits up on this hill that looks over all of Waterton.
The dreamy little town
The Prince of Wales Hotel (from the back) it's a super old ritzy hotel. My mom was a waitress in the restaurant.
This was a sweet old elevator
The prince himself
The front doors.
The front of the hotel.
Chilling on the RV
We headed to the Cardston Temple grounds and walked around. My parents got married here!
The Temple
We made it to the Smith Family Reunion in Magrath, Alberta. I haven't seen some of my cousins since my Grandma died 10 years ago. She would have turned 100 this year. #grannysmith100 She has such a legacy that she has left behind, I am the 3rd youngest cousin out of 49 on my mom's side. We went straight to my cousins GORGEOUS farm to ride horses and for a barn dance. 
This is a super old barn that my cousin Danny has refurbished.
Crew was the ultimate cowboy.
Wellington was in heaven. So many horses and farm animals.
These just scream CANADA to me. They are everywhere.
Bright yellow fields.
This is my cousin Danny that is giving horse rides.
Crew and Wells
I love Wellington's little face in this picture, he loved his life.
The backyard swing.. DREAMY I wanted everything on this property.
My cousin Danny on the Mini horse
These two... LOVE!
Steve and Jamey
Jamey was one good looking COWBOY!
I was so excited to ride these horses until mine took off and I was holding on truly for dear life.
A little terrified after I survived
Headed up to the barn dance with this man.
The barn dance. It was such a hoot once everyone got up there.
Friday July 11th we hung out at the camp grounds and played there all day. The weather was so beautiful.
Saturday July 12th we were at the camp grounds all day as well. We wore our matching shirts.
My little family of 4.
I can't believe this is the only picture I have of this water slide. It was EPIC! So long and so huge, we played so hard on it. This is my aunt Lorraine and my mom. They loved it!
Saturday night we went bridge jumping, one of the highlights of the trip for Jamey and I. Classic Canada tradition.
The full moon that night was so pretty, this picture isn't even cool but I want to remember it.
Sunday July 13th we headed an hour and a half north to go see the farm that my mom grew up on, in Champion, Alberta. So many memories and I'm so grateful that Jamey got to see it.
The big red barn.
This door is on her house and it goes into the basement.
Inside the kitchen
The old typewriter
No one is living in the house right now and my uncle who lives on the property is storing stuff in the house. I wish someone could live in it and fix it up. It has been sitting vacant for 10 years.
I have so many memories of these stairs. They are so steep!
The poor ceiling is falling apart.
All the grand kids used to sleep in this room.
My love for bath tubs started in this one. So cute!
My grandma's room and closet. My grandpa died when my mom was only 4 years old in an awful tractor accident. My grandma raised 7 kids and took care of a farm by herself. She is an amazing Christlike woman who saw so many miracles because she stayed close to the Lord. I can't fathom going through life without a husband but she always said that no one compared to Morgan. The greatest love affair, I can only imagine the reunion they had in heaven was nothing short of magnificent!
Grandma's window
The front door
This is the great red brick
I even went down into the creepy basement and found this.
The kitchen, where my mom learned so much! My grandma was such a great cook.
I love all the old windows
Out in front of the house
I love all the details
I had to get a picture by these beautiful yellow fields.
We went to church in Champion and then had a luncheon after with everyone. On our way out of town we stopped by the graves.
Homeward bound, such a fabulous trip! So great to have Jamey experience Canada and all my memories there!
Monday morning 30 minutes outside of SLC.. Steve and Mar in the back ground. Ha, so done with driving.
































.jpg)








.jpg)






















1 comment:
so many great pics of details and gorgeous scenery, and your darling family! I didn't know you had a barn dance! awesome! and jamey really did look like he could be in his element on a horse!
Post a Comment