Saturday, July 9, 2011

i believe...

June 20th-24th. A few months back I got called on the Stake Young Womens camp committee. I was so excited because I have such fond memories of going to camp when I was in Young Womens. It was such an amazing calling, lots of work and hours away from my husband but so worth it! Lisa was our Camp Director. She was unbelievable. She was so organized and had so many amazing ideas and really planned the BEST camp ever. Everything ran so smoothly, I love you Lisa. I really thought when I was younger that camp strengthened my testimony (which it did ) but going as a leader was a whole new experience. The girls that were up there were SOOO amazing. They taught me so many things. The week was packed with so much and it flew by. Jamey got to come up and be a keynote speaker on Tuesday. He spoke on iTunes and choosing good music.
This is Heather, she was also a keynote speaker. She spoke on iHome


We did crafts of course, photo stitching.



We made t-shirt necklaces for girls at The Center of Change.



The YCL's taught lots of certification and they rocked it.

Wanja (also on the camp committee)

Kris Belcher, she was a speaker one night and she told her life story which was un-real.. She is one amazing woman and she really set the stage for the week with such a great spirit.

Kaylin (on the camp committee)

My favorite group of girls



We did a service project and planted trees along the camp boundary line. This was so fun.

Our cute trees

Slack Line









Camp songs

We snuck away one night to take a shower and get ice cream, of course..

Lisa and her beautiful daughters.

Lisa (Camp Director), me, Suzanne (Stake Young Womens President), Kaylin, and Wanja



Phoenix and I



Oh ya, where we normally camp, in the trees, had a river running through it this year. So everyone had to camp in the meadow and we would watch the water get higher every night and go down in the day. On Thursday night (our last night) it was spilling over every where.



Yummy

My other favorite group of girls.

Our camp

The amazing LISA!!

The stake building trenches on Thursday night so we wouldn't get flooded in the Meadow.

President White.

6 comments:

the Beck said...

What a fun camp! It looks like you really had a good time-the girls are all smiles. That's crazy how the water was creeping on you. The stake was lucky to have you!

Joslyn said...

That's so great that you guys go to girls camp and actually camp! Jealous! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!

the Reeder family said...

looks like so much fun! i think we need to drop some "subtle" hints about being put in the YW together.... what do ya think? miss you guys!

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing camp! How fun, I miss those days. Love you.

matt and eve lloyd said...

Dru said camp was amazing! Well done on the planning. It looks so fun!! I'm jealous you got to be a part of it. Can we please get together? I'm always free. Let me know when is good for you. Still Fridays?

Stacylyn said...

Hi Michelle! We just got the family contact list and your blog was on it. :) I'm sooo jealous you got to go to girls camp. I was secretly praying for that calling but was put in sunbeams.