Saturday, February 17, 2018

Thanksgiving Week 2017

Saturday November 18th
Thanksgiving week started out perfectly with picking up my parents to join us for all the festivities. It's always like Christmas morning for all of us when Rob and Linda arrive! Sadly, I didn't take any pictures that night when we went to Babes for dinner. 
SUNDAY
The kids were so excited to find Grandma and Grandpa in the morning.
Church Ready


After church we got to business and started to plan our Thanksgiving feast!
My Mom is truly the ultimate cook so to have her in town for such a holiday was a serious TREAT! We made lots of lists and were so excited about the dishes we really wanted to make!
Clearly Scarlett is obsessed!

Sunday dinner
Sunday night we had a little family night that my parents did, they brought our kids little nativities.
 We had s'mores out in the cul-de-sac for dessert!
[Sunday Tradition]

 MONDAY
I taught High then we ran some errands and did grocery shopping. 
TUESDAY
We started out at the new outlets that just got built right next to us! I have been dying to go and who better to go with- MY MOM! 

After the outlets we went straight to the Fort Worth Stockyards for the Cattle Drive and dinner! This is the last cattle drive in the USA that happens every day, and lucky for us it's 2 times a day!


Seriously their longhorns are SO HUGE! 


Exploring the Stockyards, so many fun Christmas stores!

Torchy's for dinner, of course
Our late night run to Winco.. we were both so tired we couldn't walk!
WEDNESDAY
Thanksgiving prep day!
On the Menu:
Banana Cream Pie
Apple Lattice Pie

My Mom made cranberries
 Stuffing

We took a break and went to Piada's for lunch
 Jamey's favorite Piada
  
Apple Pie time


My first time doing a lattice pie
The night before Thanksgiving it's Slater tradition to do a Pie Pig Out and just eat pie. We had all our neighbors over in our cul-de-sac and the Airhart's that live close to us for some yummy pie. It was such a fun night!

The Apple Lattice Pie turned out fabulously!




So many good desserts! Those pecan bars were to die for!
Cheers to some NOG
THURSDAY
THANKSGIVING DAY! Hooray!
Food for DAYS!!
Jamey started the day at the local middle school playing in the Turkey Bowl. They boys and I ran up there to get some exercise and run around the track.
Then the cooking began!
Snacking while prepping



Jamey was in charge of dissecting the Turk-a-lurk


The table was set...
These 3 cuties were ready to feast!

My whole world, I feel extra grateful for them this year! It's crazy being away from all our other family, we have grown even closer and depend so much on one another, especially Jamey and I. I love him working from home.. BEST FRIEND on a whole new level!
   My darling parents





After our delicious feast, we headed outside to play for a bit! What a wonderful day, I love this family of mine, they are so wonderful! I also love cooking, it has become such a hobby of mine here in Texas. Making healthy yummy food for my family brings me so much joy. 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


My parents left early Friday morning, their trip was way too short but at least we got to have them for my favorite holiday! Thanks for coming Mom and Dad!

No comments: