Monday May 23rd I started the potty training process! Andrew has been showing all the 'right signs' that he needs to be potty trained.. he is just a month shy of being 2 1/2 the same age that Wellington was when I potty trained him, so I thought GREAT, lets go for it! Wellington was farley easy to get trained and I had some pretty high hopes for Drew. Wow, the first 3 days were so rough!! Like, I pretty much doubted myself every hour of the day!! Jamey was also out of town so that didn't help much. [Yes it was my idea to potty train that week, it was the perfect week to get it done!] I really wanted to check it off my list before we move and not having 2 kids in diapers sounds DREAMY!
Lots of accidents the first 3 days!
I begged my mother-in-law to come and sit at my house while my kids were sleeping Tuesday night so I could go do a HIGH class. It was one of the best workouts ever! Felt so good to get out!
Mean while, Jamey is at an awesome work conference in Denver.
Wednesday night Jamey got home and I was ready to throw in the towel. I was seriously done.. I didn't feel like he was ready and Jamey told me we should stick it out through the weekend because he would be home to help... am I ever glad I listened he him. Thursday morning he woke up and something clicked.. he went poop on the potty and only had two accidents that day! I was so so proud of him. His choice of "poop treat" was a Popsicle!
From Thursday on out it's been a world of change, every day the accidents went down and successes went up! Paying so much attention to him through this process and getting some good one-on one time with him has really made me love him so much more! It's crazy when you go through something hard with someone it makes you draw closer to each other!
Potty training week we went and saw cute puppies across the street from us.
Scarlett was completely obsessed!
This HORRENDOUS hat snuck into our car while we were garage saling on Saturday! I have been hiding it ever since.
Our nursery leader though.. DUNFORD DONUTS
These new bows were my achievements potty training week!
1 comment:
YO Neighbors,
first off - Man I want one of those donuts. YUM!
Second- That Hat is friggin amazing. Give it here.
love ya later,
Jake
See ya soon
Post a Comment