Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pre-Term Contractions

29 WEEKS
It all started out Thursday October 3rd, I had a few contractions in my tummy and they threw me off a bit. But, I remembered that my midwife told me that it is completely normal to get some contractions early so I didn't really worry about it. On Friday the 4th I went to Costco with my Mom and had a couple in my tummy again. Then they went to my back and that's when I started to get a little nervous because that is where ALL of my contractions were when I gave birth to Wellington. But I still didn't think much of it. Jamey came home from work and we went to dinner that night and I had a few more but nothing major. We decided to go to the temple and as we were doing some sealings the contractions were rolling in about every 5-10 minutes. We went home and I laid down for about an hour and a half and as I laid there they just got worse and worse. Quicker and quicker so they were a minute apart. I called my midwife and she sent me to labor and delivery. I had hit 29 weeks that day and I was pretty scared, this babe needs to cook a lot longer. They did lots of test on me and everything came back negative and the contractions started to slow back down. They couldn't figure out why I was getting them, so they gave me the option of some drugs to make them stop completely or to send me home to rest and try to get them to stop on their own. (As they told me this the nurse said how AWFUL the drugs make you feel) So I decided to go home and rest. That's what I did and they slowed down a lot. It luckily was conference weekend so I had Jamey to help me with Wells and we all took it really easy. I have been contracting ever since, all day but my midwife told me it might just be this way until the baby actually comes. As long as I'm not dilating at the same time I am OK. So I have learned to live with a knife in my back every 20 minutes, HA! I'm just glad I didn't get put on bed rest or anything like that.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

That is crazy! Glad that things are ok. Hopefully that little boy stays in there for a few more weeks!!

The Airharts said...

Glad the fetus has stayed put! Lets hope he continues to say!

Blake and Rylee Miller said...

Ah how scary! Glad things are ok!