Saturday September 24th was The General Relief Society Broadcast. I was a lucky girl this year and got to go down with Allie, her sister Stephanie and her Mom. So Allie called me and said, "Hey, we have an extra ticket if you want it. Then after the broadcast my Grandfather takes all us women out to dinner to The Garden restaurant. I called him and asked if you could come and he said sure, she is like family to you so of course.." Well her Grandfather is Elder Russell M. Nelson. So not only did I get to dine with him and his lovely family, he had tickets for us on the 4th row in the conference center. LUCKY right? It was such an honor. Thank you so much Allie for thinking of me.
This conference spoke to me in so many ways. I really know now what people are talking about when they say that every word in the talk spoke to them. That's how every talk in this conference was for me. Sister Allred's talk on Charity- Wow, a whole new light and way of looking at it. I know everyone feels the way I do about President Uchtdorf's remarks.. Wow again, so powerful and so directed to women. These brothers and sisters are called of God and are so in tune to know what to say to us. It blows my mind.
The Garden's top was open.
1 comment:
Yay! Such a fun night. Thanks for coming with us again. And thanks for bawling your eyes out with me. Sure makes me feel not so dumb haha. LOVE YOU
Post a Comment