Thursday, March 1, 2018

Christmas in UTAH 2017

Friday December 15th
Home To UTAH for our Christmas break, we left bright and early at 4:19 AM.. We took 3 stops on the road trip- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For us, the best way to do a long road trip is to just plow. Our kids do great driving, it's was actually fun!

Lunch stop 
14 hours in..
Arriving at my parents house in Utah, lets get the party started!!
Saturday December 16th
Jamey's 30th Birthday! [See previous post]
Sunday December 17th
We headed to Melanie's ward for her Christmas program, her and Ashley sang a duet together and it was so beautiful! Best Christmas program that I have been apart of in a long time. These cousins were so excited to see each other.


We had a low key dinner that Sunday night but made some yummy banana cream pie, one of Jamey's favorites.. at this point he is so over celebrating his Birthday! HA!


Let the treat making begin.. nut clusters, YUMMY!


Monday December 18th
We got to watch baby Spencer, my kids beg me for a baby about every other day so this was good for them. They took over fully!


Tuesday December 19th

Jamey got to do some recording with his old band, they had such a great time!


Wednesday December 20th
The LeSueur's arrived, full party in this house!
I dream of this dinner table and all the people sitting around it when I am in Texas. I love and miss this family of mine so much, they are the best!
Thursday December 21st
I taught a High Fitness class over at my parents church!


Gingerbread Houses at the Munns house!
Such cute kiddos






Finished products..


Mel and Nick have the prettiest view of SLC.


Friday December 22nd
Jamey took the boys skiing all by himself.. He went up with Mar, Steve, and their 3 oldest kids. I stayed back to watch all the littles.




It was fun until.. this meltdown happened! Then he spent some time in the car eating snacks and taking some deep breaths.

Straight down the canyon to lunch
Me with the kids
Friday night our little family went down to see the lights at Temple Square. My heart leapt when the kids only cared about looking at the nativity and wanting to see Jesus in the visitors center. I swear they teach me way more than I will ever teach them.
It was such a beautiful night with this family of mine, glad we ran down there to see the lights.

The boys love sharing a bed and we found them in the same positions every night..
Saturday December 23rd
We woke up and played lots of pie face.
Goldie is the biggest dream, this smile is permanently on her face!
Headed to the Airhart Family pictures, this boss man loves his built in pillows on his car seat, he tells me all the time when we are driving.
Snowy afternoon
Greg and Beck gave Andrew his Birthday gift!

Maybe my all-time favorite picture of Peach!







Off to a Slater date night.
The BEST sandwich ever at the DoDo 
Missing Greg and Sara and Steve..
Sunday December 24th
Christmas Eve
On our way to church and these cousins are so dang cute! 
We went to church with the Airhart's and had a great time!
Christmas Eve brunch and nativity with the Airhart's.
We look forward to this every year,  my kids talk about the nativity all year long. It is a pretty big deal considering Becky has made all the costumes. It is taken very seriously and I love every minute of it. It really brings the spirit of Christ and reminds us all the true reason of Christmas.
Wellington especially takes his part seriously. 
3 Mary's and 3 baby Jesus's

The Shepards
Starting the Nativity
I was in charge of the angels this year. 

The wise men

The whole crew

Who knows where Andrew was
We exchanged gifts and Becky made us all these jammie pants for everyone in the family!

Right after the presents we headed to the Munns house for Christmas Eve dinner and a Birthday celebration with the Slater's.
Not mentioning any names but a few boys were glued to the video games..
This cute girl, she has grown up on me this last year.
Sara made this INCREDIBLE Birthday cake for my Mom and Andrew! So gorgeous and delicious!


Besties

Christmas Eve staple, shrimp cocktail
Nick made us brisket this year, so delicious!



The Nativity- Slater style
Melanie always heads that up

My cute FOUR YEAR OLD!


Birthday buddies




It's not much snow but at least it was something for Christmas Eve.
Monday December 25th
CHRISTMAS MORNING!
Is there anything better???
Waiting to head into the family room, no one is allowed in until everyone is ready to go.
She got a new baby, she has a serious love for her babies and my mom spoils her with finding the cutest ones!


Her new make-up set, I know she is only 2 but she loves make-up already! She needed some of her own- all pretend!


My mother truly gave these out to all of us girls.. YIKES!
BANGS
Something I have been wanting to do for months now, pretty much since I cut bangs on myself. I finally did it and I'm in love! Being twins is so great!

Wellington's new art set
Jamey went snowboarding with some of his siblings Christmas afternoon.

Christmas dinner
Slater's do not eat a big dinner together without a pickle and olive plate!
I made rolls
Everything was so delicious!


We did something really fun this year, all the adults brought one female gift and one male gift and we played a game to exchange them and steal them. It was such a hoot and made for a great night. I think back more on the memory that I made instead of the gift.



More birthday cake for my Mom and Andrew!
I could celebrate Andrew every day, he is so special to us and brings such a playful side to our family. He is tender to his siblings and always a peacemaker.
We love you GOOSE!!


This is what we gave my mom for her Birthday gift, it's so stunning in real life.
Tuesday December 16th
We had a really low key day just enjoying our new Christmas gifts and hanging out.. BUT we did have a chance to make it out for lunch. At Chuck-a-rama... not even a joke.. it was my sisters idea, knowing how much ALL the kids would love it. And they did!


Bangs were made for her! Her hair is super straight and it naturally falls forward so every day she wakes up and they are perfect ready to go! Plus they add that little extra cuteness to her!

Wednesday December 27th

Airhart date night!
Thursday December 28th
Jamey went shooting with his Dad and some siblings

Twinners
We went and hung out at the Airhart's Thursday afternoon, it was great to see Jos and her kids one more time before they left, we miss them like crazy!
Friday December 29th
Date night with Wrights- dinner and back to their house to play!


Scarlett and Nova
Saturday December 30th
Started off the day right going to HIGH with such great friends!

We got to be apart of two baby blessings while we were in town which is so special. 
Mandy and Jordan blessed baby Kellen!

That night we went to a wedding reception down town then to The Greatest Showman with my parents. I'm still so obsessed!!
Sunday December 31st
Jordan and Margaret blessed baby Beckham


New Years Eve was really awesome! We ate dinner at my parents house then we went over to the Jason Frampton Families house and played games all night. It was a ball, I don't even like games but we played Mexican Train and when we got home we purchased it! Now Jame and I play it all the time!
Monday JANUARY 1st 2018
HAPPY 2018!!!
Cheers to never EVER trying to do my own hair! YIKES!! Good thing my bestie Allie was in town to take care of that but first I had to go to the Frampton Family party.. Bless the day for HATS!
Coz really outdid herself, such a fun party!
Bounce house and all!



We are really going to miss Grammy and Grandpa, they are such wonderful hosts!

Monday night we went to dinner with my parents. Our last hoorah!


Jamey is a MASTER at packing our car, I have literally never done it! He finds it a really fun game to make everything fit so perfectly.
Wellington's drawings that were up all week.
Tuesday January 2nd 
HEADED BACK TO TEXAS!


No comments: