Tuesday November 11th, I took the plunge and started to potty train Wellington. My BIGGEST fear being a parent! I honestly didn't have much desire to do this at 28 and a half months, I was thinking more like when he hit 3 but it's never really "my" plan. HA! He was showing lots of interest of wanting to go potty on the toilet then the week before this he was wanting to go #2 on the toilet.. So after discussing with my mom and sisters they told me go for it, do not miss your opportunity! So I did lots of research and read so much on line and finally came up with a "plan". We started and it went better than expected. He picked out these undies, Trains of course, his favorite!
I love those hot cross buns!
This was at the end of Day 1.. I really thought I nailed it- HA HA HA HA!! It was just a big fat teaser. He had accidents the rest of the week. Week 2 brought on being scared to go #2 so I literally couldn't let him out of sight for a second or he would have an accident. Week 3 came and he FINALLY got it! Not one accident that week. So fantastic! It was a lot of work and such a commitment but now I'm so happy that he knows how to go potty like a big boy!
(We did bribing with treats, gum, stickers, and Nemo)



No comments:
Post a Comment