Saturday night August 10th we went up Millcreek Canyon with lots of friends for dinner. We were having a ball until Wellington grabbed a roasting stick that had just been in the fire. Holy Cow, so terrible he was bawling and we left immediately down the canyon. The whole way home he was trying to wipe off the pain and he kept wiping his hand on his dirty hard jeans. It was honestly horrible to watch our son in so much pain.. (I know I need to get used to it, boys get hurt all the time. I'm a first time parent though.) We get home and he is still just bawling we are running it under cold water and everything, so Jamey ran to a drug store to find some type of burn cream and they had nothing. I'm calling everyone I know then I run to another store to find something and they had NOTHING! Frustrated and feeling terrible I get home to a calm baby.. I ask Jamey what he put on it and he said nothing but that he gave him a Father's Priesthood Blessing and he stopped crying. Wow, the power of the priesthood is so amazing, I'm so grateful for a wonderful husband who is worthy of it. We then went to Insta Care to get a Dr's opinion and he said it was a 2nd degree burn and there isn't much we can do for it. We just have to keep it clean and dry and watch for signs of infection. We have been doing that and putting lots of lavender oil on it as well. He woke up the next morning happy and not bothered by his hand at all even though it looked like this. That poor blister and my poor BABY!
Sleeping after church just like a champ, obviously he was exhausted from all the drama. We love you so much Wells!


No comments:
Post a Comment