This is lengthy and pretty personal. I had a great Pregnancy.. no real big issues just your normal annoyances here and there. But then, I hit 35 weeks and I started retaining water like crazy. I woke up with awful headaches and I went in to see what was going on. They diagnosed me with TOXEMIA. Which has no known cause of where it comes from and it usually hits women who are pregnant with there first. I had all the signs- protein in my urine, rapid swelling, and bad headaches. The only thing that was missing was high blood pressure which was good news for me. So awful and dangerous.. On Tuesday June 26th they told me they were going to wait until I hit 36 weeks which was on that Thursday and then they would need to induce me cause the only way to get rid of toxemia is to not be pregnant anymore. The word induce was my worst nightmare considering the fact that I wanted to go all natural. They put me on bed rest so my blood pressure would stay down, I was a wreck the whole week. I was going to be three weeks early, I wasn't prepared like I wanted to be, I was getting induced, I was on bed rest in a house that I couldn't touch (thanks mom for letting me hang out at your house every day.) and last but not least I was pretty scared. So needless to say I can't thank my husband, family, and close friends enough for getting me through those hard couple of days. But really Jamey, your the love of my life and I'm so grateful you hold the priesthood and were able to give me a blessing pretty much every time I turned around. I would not have been able to get through the week without you and the lord to comfort me. I was scheduled to go in Friday morning and they would start by breaking my water and see if I would kick into labor on my own. I was dilated to a 3 at this point which was really great to hear.
35 weeks.
Friday June 29th we headed into the hospital at 7:00 am to start the process. I woke up that morning feeling very calm and ready.
At 9:00 am my AMAZING Midwife came in and broke my water. I was now at a 4. She told us to plan on a pretty boring day and that she would be back in four hours to see if I was having any contractions. She didn't want me to go too long with my water broken and no contractions. So Jamey and I started to walk and try to get things moving. 30 minutes later I had my first contraction in my back, then they started to come every 15-20 minutes. By 12:00 noon I was having them every 2-5 minutes apart and was in a lot of pain. My nurse filled the bath tub to let me get in and try to relax a little more. I got in the bath tub at 12:50 and my midwife came in at 1:00 to check on me like she had promised. I was dilated to a 7. Contractions were now coming so fast I could barley catch my breath.. I went from a 7 to a 10 in twenty minutes. My midwife grabbed my arm as a contraction was coming down to get me out of the tub and onto the bed to start pushing. An hour and some time later at 3:14 pm we got handed our precious baby boy, Wellington James Airhart. 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 20 inches long. What a spiritual moment for the both of us.
This is right after Jamey cut the cord.
Proud Dad
My sister-in-law Jessica was pregnant and due 5 weeks earlier than me. She went 2 weeks over and I was 3 weeks early so our babies ended up being 3 days apart and we were in the hospital for a day together. It was so great. Proud Grandma Beck.
Wellington's first bath.
Yummy hair, so curly
A few days later we got to go home.
I don't know how I got so lucky with such a great birth, but it truly was a miracle. We are so blessed with this little angel living with us if our house. We love the new addition.



6 comments:
Yeah! My dream come true...a blog post! Seriously what a great day for you guys...love that picture of you two kissing with the new babe on you! Seriously, everything looked perfect (minus the awful wallpaper around the top of the room). Congrats, love you guys!
OH MY GOSH!!! Michelle!! congrats!! he is beautiful! I love the hair.. I am so glad everything worked out for you guys! such a cute family! You Def. need to come visit us in california! I miss you girl! can't wait for more updates of Wellington..such a cute name;)
I love his chubby cheeks! I'm so glad that things went so well for you. I need to get down there and meet him!
we love you guys and wells so very much! enjoy every single minute with that babe!
that sounds like a perfect delivery! we are so happy for your cute little family. he is adorable and i love love love his name.
yay! thanks for sharing your birth story and all the delicious pics of Wells. Love the sheer joy in your countenances as you each hold your new little angel. Love you guys
Post a Comment