On Saturday August 13th Jamey's Grandpa Fuddy passed away. This picture is of him boating with us 2 weeks prior. We knew it was going to happen at some point but he went downhill fast. On Monday August 8th Grandma Ber took him the the Dr. and he said Fuddy probably has about 6 months left. Then during that week a hospice nurse told Ber it was only going to be hours to a few days. He died on Saturday. Luckily Jamey and I said goodbye to him before we left to Flaming Gorge. We will miss you Fuddy.
On Saturday August 20th we had his funeral. It was an AMAZING service. Jake, Missy, Jordan, and Margaret all flew in and it was so good to see them. I thought I knew the kind of family I was marring into, and I did to a certain extent but after hearing the kind of man that Grandpa Fuddy was I really grasped the intensity of what this family stands for. He was so unselfish and taught his children how to live the gospel and follow Jesus Christ. Then in return, all of his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren have strong testimonies of the church and I am so lucky to have married Jamey, who is also living proof of Fuddy's faithfulness. During the service I couldn't help to keep thinking how much Jamey is like his Grandpa. Wow I am one blessed girl to be married to the man of my dreams and I hope that one day we will have a legacy like the Framptons.
The Airhart Family. -Josie and Devin, we missed you guys.
The oldest grandson from each family was a pallbearer
The Framptons, eight kids later.
After the funeral, Grandma Ber jumped on the Bishop's Scoot Scoot to ride back to the church..
We all went to the temple later that night and I'm so thankful for the knowledge that we will be able to see Grandpa Dan Doxey (Fuddy) Frampton again and that we can be an eternal family.
I love you Jamey!
3 comments:
good post:) I have 676 pictures to sort through...the pain! I might have the energy to do it before the year is up...haha...call me:)
such a great post- I'm glad you took a lot of pics of the funeral day. So sad I couldn't be there, but thanks for letting me live it through your post!
Sounds like he was such a cool guy! Let's talk for a moment about how Grandma Ber jumped on the moped w the Bishop...who does that!! Awesome!
Post a Comment