Sunday, August 1, 2010

Canyoneering in Moab

June 25th and 26th Jamey and I got invited to go Canyoneering with Jessica (Jamey's sister) and her husband Mert. Merts dad, Mr. LeRoy is a professional. He has been all over the world doing it. Don't worry I had no idea what it even was before I went, but quickly found out. You start at the top of a canyon and hike down, repelling along the way. It was super scary at first but such a rush and so FUN! Jordan, Jamey, and I went down early on friday and hiked up to the Delicate Arch. I haven't ever seen that in my life and it was a sight to behold.

The Delicate Arch



Jamey and I

Us again doing our cool tricks.

This is the back side of the arch.





Canyoneering!! And the journey begins early Saturday Morning. Jordan, Mr. LeRoy, Mert, Jess, Jamey, and I

Getting geared up for our first repel, It was only about 90 feet!

Some homeless kid... no wait thats Jordan with a mullet!



Me

Jame



This was our second repel.. it was about a 140 foot drop. A little bit more intense. I couldn't even look down until I was close to the ground.

Finished with that huge drop and pretty happy about that.

Jessica and Mert doing a double repel off the arch.. Thats pretty hard core.

Jordan and Mr. LeRoy




2 comments:

matt and eve lloyd said...

You are quite the daredevil!! I am very impressed. That looks super fun. You'll have to take me sometime. :) Can't wait to get together soon. We come home in a couple weeks. YAY!! Love you girl.

Joslyn said...

You know the company you're keeping is ridiculous when you're the only one without an old man bucket hat.